Friday, August 11, 2006

Poem

A good (but not especially close) friend of mine is being buried tomorrow. Her passing has affected a great many people, as the passing of a great person always does. I can't be at the service, but a good many of my friends will be and I will be there in spirit. I found this poem by Christina Rossetti that I hadn't heard for a long time and thought it kind of appropriate:
Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land,
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay,
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of the future that you planned:
Only remember me; You understand.
It will be late to counsel item or play.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve;
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that I once had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than you should remember and be sad.


Sonia RIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home